The Seller Policy is incorporated and forms part of the Terms of Service.
HOW DO I LIST ITEMS FOR SALE?
Bezel’s app provides step by step instructions to easily list your item for sale. If you have issues or questions listing your item, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
WHY ARE MY PHOTOS BEING REJECTED?
We require clear photos that follow our photo guidelines. The photos you upload must be of the watches in your possession that you intend to sell and ship. Any issues such as damage or flaws should be clearly photographed.
Here are our photo guidelines:
- The watch, box, papers etc. must be shown in a full, clear view.
- The watch must be fully visible within the frame of the photo.
- Photos that are too dark will be rejected. We recommend taking photos in bright lighting conditions, such as under direct sunlight.
- Watch details (e.g., brand, dial, hands, caseback, etc.) must be fully readable.
- Do not include other objects or distracting patterns or items in the photo with the watch.
- You must satisfy the listing requirements for number of photos and photo angles.
- Do not include any personal information in photos. This may include watch serial numbers or other information you wish to keep private.
HOW DO I EDIT MY LISTING?
Tap the Sell tab, then tap Listings to select the watches you’d like to edit. Once you’ve selected the watches, you will be taken to your listing where you can edit all the information about the watch including price, photos, condition, etc. Please make sure to save your changes.
MY ITEMS JUST SOLD. WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
Congrats! First, as a seller, you have 24 hours to confirm the order. If you do not confirm the order within 24 hours, the order will be canceled and your standing with Bezel will be adversely affected. Once you confirm, we’ll then send you a prepaid, pre-addressed shipping label. Each shipping label has a tracking number connected to the order for us as well as for the buyer to track.
Remember, items must be shipped in the same condition in which they were originally listed. The seller is responsible for keeping all information in the listing current and accurate. If a watch is purchased by a buyer but the listing is no longer accurate, that could adversely affect the seller’s status with Bezel at Bezel’s sole discretion.
CAN I CANCEL MY SALE?
We aim to provide our customers with the best possible experience when buying on Bezel, thus we strongly discourage sellers from declining a sale. If the seller cannot fulfill an order that a buyer has made, the seller must decline the sale on the Confirm Order tab as soon as possible. Please note: Canceled orders or incorrectly fulfilled orders may affect your seller status and could lead to a higher commission fee or suspension from Bezel. Sellers should keep their listings as up to date as possible and remove stale listings in order to avoid cancellations and orders that cannot be fulfilled correctly.
HOW DO I SHIP THE ITEMS I'VE SOLD?
Once you receive the prepaid shipping label, follow the instructions below to complete the sale:
- Print out your shipping label.
- Use the prepaid shipping label that corresponds to that specific sale. This will ensure that your transaction is properly processed without delay. You will receive one prepaid shipping label for each item you sell on the app. If you do not use the prepaid shipping label provided by Bezel, Bezel will not be liable for any lost, missing, or damaged items.
- Grab two new, sturdy boxes (double boxing is required for insurance purposes).
- Mark the outside of the box with a small mark so that you can identify if your box has been switched. When making this mark, do not make it obvious to others; use initials or tracking number or even a company stamp. This cannot be reproduced and would make it easier to determine the nature of the claim.
- Pack the inner box into the larger outer box.
- If you are reusing a container to ship your items to us, remove all hazmat warnings, labels, and stickers from the shipping container to avoid unnecessary delays.
- Tape the shipping label to the outer box.
- Schedule a pick-up or drop your package off at an authorized shipping facility.
- Drop the package off with the courier listed on the prepaid shipping label within 2 business days of the order being placed. Bezel will not be liable for packages that are tendered to the applicable courier via on-site pickup or third-party access points (e.g., Staples, CVS Pharmacy, UPS Access Point Drop-off Lockers, etc.). Please note that Staples and other third-party mail ship service centers no longer update tracking while scanning packages. Please drop off packages at the courier’s designated store to ensure tracking is updated on time.
- An overnight shipment made Friday, Saturday, or after-hours Thursday with delivery designated for Monday, or made on the eve of any holiday that cannot be designated for next-day delivery can only be insured up to $10,000. Therefore, if the sale price of your watch is greater than $10,000, wait until an opportunity to ship the watch with next day delivery, otherwise you, the seller, risk inadequate coverage.
- Once the package is dropped off and scanned by the courier, mark the order as “Dropped Off” in the app. Please retain a copy of your drop-off receipt until your package is scanned as received at a Bezel facility. Bezel will not be liable for any lost, missing, or damaged items that do not leave the drop-off location according to the tracking number.
- If Bezel has not received the package 5 business days after shipping, then we reserve the right to cancel the sale, the buyer will be refunded, and the watch will be returned to you but you will be charged for shipping both ways. If Bezel never receives the package, you must provide a drop-off receipt showing the original drop-off date to Bezel for Bezel to consider whether it will initiate a missing package investigation with the courier. A missing package investigation can take anywhere between 7-10 business days and you may be required to sign and return an affidavit, among other requirements.
- You must ship each sale made on the app separately. This means that each individual watch must be placed in a separate package using the prepaid shipping label provided for that specific sale. If you include additional items or anything else in a shipping box other than the item corresponding to the prepaid shipping label in the shipping container, your seller status may be adversely affected and you may be suspended from selling. We are not liable for any items that you include in the package box other than the items that correspond to the shipping label.
- You must ship from a location within the country/region referenced in your return address. For example, if your return address is located within the US, your package needs to come from the US. Your package cannot come from Canada if your return address is located within the US. Otherwise, we are not liable for any imposed customs fees or lost merchandise.
If your sale is not confirmed within 24 hours of the order being placed and/or shipped within 2 business days of the order being placed, Bezel reserves the right to cancel the sale and charge the seller for any costs or fees that were assumed by Bezel.
If your items are delivered to a Bezel facility after the order has been canceled, the seller will be invoiced for the shipping and handling and the items will be sent back.
Items returned to the seller for whatever reason will only be sent to the return address indicated on your profile in the app at the time we process your return.
If you do not use the prepaid shipping label provided by Bezel, Bezel will not be liable for any lost, missing or damaged items.
Bezel is not responsible for items that are not shipped in strict compliance with the guidelines set forth above.
HOW DO I GET MY PREPAID SHIPPING LABEL?
Your prepaid, pre-addressed shipping label will be sent to you via email once the sale has been confirmed, or in the case of some payment methods (i.e. wire transfer), once the payment is received by Bezel. Please use this to avoid any tracking errors and delays with earnings.
WHY AM I SUPPOSED TO SEND MY ITEMS TO BEZEL?
To ensure all watches sold on Bezel are authentic, sellers are required to send their watches to us for verification by our specialists before being sent to the buyer. Once your watch has been authenticated, we'll deposit your earnings into your account and they will be available 2 business days later for payout. Payout is an ACH transfer which will take up to 5 business days.
I ACCIDENTALLY SENT ITEMS UNRELATED TO MY ORDER. CAN I GET THEM BACK?
Please make sure not to include items unrelated to your order in your shipping container. We will not be liable for any items that you send to us that are unrelated to the order referenced on the shipping label.
WHAT IF MY WATCH IS FOUND TO BE FAKE OR IS OTHERWISE REJECTED?
If you provide a counterfeit or inauthentic watch, or one that otherwise does not match the description provided in your listing, or if you otherwise attempt to defraud any buyers or Bezel, Bezel reserves the right to do any or all of the following, in its sole discretion: (i) remove any or all of your listings from Bezel; (ii) cancel any or all of your pending orders; (iii) withhold any payments due to you; (iv) place limits on your buying and selling privileges; (v) charge your payment method for costs, expenses and fees incurred by Bezel and or the buyer as a result of your action or inaction, including charging you for the cost of replacement watches, the value of coupons and gift certificates provided to the buyer, reprinting fees incurred by Bezel, rerouting charges imposed by carriers, and refunds to the buyer; (vi) ship the watch back to the you at your cost (including any customs and duties amounts incurred by Bezel) or permit you to consign your watch to us; (vii) provide the counterfeit watches to law enforcement or destroy the counterfeit watches, (viii) temporarily or permanently suspend the account, and (ix) charge your payment method up to 15% of the transaction amount, in Bezel's sole discretion, as a service fee. You hereby agree that each of the foregoing remedies are reasonable and justified upon Bezel’s discovery of counterfeit watches or fraudulent actions, even if those items or actions were not known by you at the time to be counterfeit or fraudulent (e.g., negligent fraud). You understand and agree that if we provide the counterfeit watch to law enforcement, your communications and any property claim with respect to that item must be solely with that law enforcement agency and not with us. We may also use fraud protection measures, including algorithms and automated systems to monitor for fraud, which might result in cancellation of listings or sales or account suspension. If this occurs in error please contact us at email@example.com. We may also require additional identification information from you if you engage in certain high-value transactions or high overall payment volumes through Bezel.
CAN A BUYER’S EXPERIENCE AFFECT MY SELLER STANDING WITH BEZEL?
We take the customer experience for buyers extremely seriously. We are always striving to create a positive experience to build a safe and trusted selling community. If Bezel or buyers have issues with items that sellers sell on the platform, Bezel may take action regarding their eligibility to sell and the fees at which they do so, at the company’s sole discretion. On the other hand, frequent successful transactions could result in better fees and services for sellers.
WHY WAS MY SELLER ACCOUNT SUSPENDED?
We suspend sellers who, in our sole and reasonable discretion, attempt to sell inauthentic items, fail to follow through on confirmed orders, fail to follow shipping instructions, fail to operate in a timely manner, or otherwise engage in conduct detrimental to our community. If you feel as though your seller account was canceled or suspended by mistake, please contact us.
All fees are paid in U.S. Dollars, unless otherwise stated. Seller agrees to timely pay any fees indicated in the Bezel Service.
Sellers will be assigned a certain status level based on the gross market value of the watches they have sold through the platform. Once they have hit the thresholds laid out below, they will be eligible for the fee structure at that status level. For example, if someone sells their first watch for $20,000, the fee associated with that sale will be 8.5% but the fee associated with their next sale will be 8.0% as they used their first sale to surpass the $15,000 threshold to reach Level 2. Selling fees will be charged when the sale is confirmed.
WHEN DO SELLERS GET PAID?
Your earnings will be added to your Bezel account as soon as your watches have been authenticated by our specialists and they can be withdrawn 2 business days later.
HOW DO I WITHDRAW?
You will withdraw your funds from your account from within the Bezel app via ACH. This will take up to 5 business days. Business days are Monday - Friday, excluding holidays and if you choose to withdraw after business hours, the first day would be the following business day.
Bezel actively protects our buyers and sellers. In order to do so, federal and state laws require us to obtain each seller’s full name and home address. We collect this information through our payment processors. This information will only need to be entered once and should be entered as it appears on a government issued identification, such as a driver’s license or passport.
All personal information on Bezel is secure and only used for order processing and account related matters.
WILL I RECEIVE A 1099-K?
A seller may receive a 1099-K when certain sales and transaction thresholds through third-party settlement organizations (e.g. Stripe, Paypal, Dwolla, etc.) are met. For that reason you would be asked to provide a Taxpayer Identification Number (usually your social security number) when setting up your account. If you do not meet the threshold requirements set forth below, you may not receive a 1099-K.
In 2021, our third-party settlement organizations will mail out a 1099-K to you if the payment volume exceeds both of the thresholds below in a calendar year:
- Received at least $20,000 USD in gross payment from sales of goods, AND
- Received more than 200 separate payments over the course of a calendar year.
In 2022 and subsequent years, our third-party settlement organizations will mail out a 1099-K to you if you receive in a calendar year at least $600 USD in gross payment from sales of goods.
If you believe you should have received a 1099-K and have not received one, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if it has prepared one for you.
Sellers are responsible for keeping track of sales transactions and reporting any applicable income and expenses on tax returns. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for tax or accounting advice. Please consult with your own tax advisor.